This year our sugar bush volunteers graciously agreed to work during the spring break week. The weather was perfect for our trees to produce sap. We ended up with a record year of syrup production, the final amount is 53.5 gallons. So with that being said, The middle school student council has fresh maple syrup for sale! We are bottling the syrup tomorrow so it will be ready by the end of the week. Prices are $9.00/pint, $15.00/quart, $27.00/half gallon, and $48.00/gallon.
If anyone would like any please contact Laura Hebekeuser by email at
. The syrup will be sold on a first come, first serve basis.
Meeting for Parents of 6th Graders for the Laptop Program
Click here to see the letter about this important meeting. Parents must attend to get a laptop for their 6th grade son or daughter. The meeting is April 10th at 6:00 PM in the middle school cafeteria.
CLICK HERE FOR ENROLLMENT PACKET
Forms for Google Apps for Education
Students need this form signed by a parent and returned to a teacher before they can have an account on Google Apps for Education. If you have questions, please contact Mr. Petty by email at
Scan grocery receipts with Shoparoo (or turn them in the office) to raise money for LakeVille Middle School!
Shoparoo is an app for your phone that allows you to scan grocery receipts to earn points. The school will receive a donation as points accumulate.
If you use this link to get the app we get bonus points when you sign up. After you install the app, just add LakeVille Middle School as your school to receive the points. Click here if you want more information.
Also, If you are not able to use the app at this time, we will have a box in the office where you can drop off receipts and we will scan them for the Middle School. Thanks for your continued support.
2013 Washington D.C. Trip
Click the link below for the registration forms and information for the Washington D.C. trip scheduled for October, 2013. If you have any questions, please contact Josh Henley at 810-591-3915 or by email at
Forms and Information
Scary Story Symposium 2012
Click the image below to see the short video of the middle school ELA classes connecting with schools in New York and Kansas. (The video will open in a new window.)
Get Your Yearbook
Go to jostensyearbook.com to buy your middle school yearbook.
Upload Photos for the Yearbook!
Click the icon to visit the site. You can register to upload photos there. When you create an account, use 5913945 as the passcode for our school.
Reading Center at the University of Michigan - Flint
A Reading Center for area students will be hosted at U of M - Flint on Tuesdays beginning January 24. See the application and information brochure for complete information on this program designed to improve reading.
Free Tutoring for Students in Genesee County
Free tutoring will be offered at Kettering University in October and November for students in grades 3 - 12. Click here for more information.
Middle School on Facebook
Parents and students: Like us on the LakeVille Middle School Facebook page to receive important updates and news from Ms. Rich.
We, at LakeVille Middle School, are dedicated to providing a safe and orderly environment in which all students show respect, achieve academic success, and reach their fullest potential through a cooperative effort of staff, students, parents/guardians, and community.
Our students will be prepared to succeed in the continuously changing world.
- All students can achieve with time and support.
- Staff affects the atmosphere of the building.
- All students need to prepare to be successful.
- Staff and parents working together facilitate students' success.
- Creating a positive atmosphere-builds better character through student involvement and school beautification
- Community involvement with Sugar Bush promotes unity across generations throughout the district.
School Improvement Goals for 2011/2012 School Year:
- Written Communication Goal Objectives
- LakeVille Middle School students will improve MEAP writing proficiency by 7%.
- LMS students will improve writing performance on cross-curricular writing prompts for the four core content areas using rubrics.
- Students will improve grammar and usage as evidence in their daily writing.
- Mathematics Goal Objectives
- LMS students will improve MEAP math proficiency by 10%.
- LMS students will show at least 70% mastery on classroom assessments.
- Classroom Climate Goal Objectives
- Reduce the number of classroom referrals by 10% as indicated through the School Wide Information System (SWIS) data report
- 70% of LMS students will indicate on a survey that they feel safe in school.